All of our self catering cottages come with fully equipped kitchens, but we know that everyone deserves at least one night off, especially on their holidays. We have added a selection of local restaurants and cafes to the list and map below. Please feel free to ask us about any of the local establishments, listed or not.
- The Blue Peter Pub in Kirkcolm is very handy for the cottages. Under new ownership, the pub serves good pub grub and also does great take away fish and chips – a ‘must eat’ while on holiday by the coast!
- Campbell’s which serves superb seafood is our favourite in Portpatrick and comes highly recommended
- Tigh na Mara in Sandhead has an extensive menu and is reasonably priced
- Michelin starred Knockinaam Lodge near Portpatrick is unrivalled in the area
- Glenapp Castle offers a first class dining experience and has also recently been awarded a Michelin Star
- L’Aperitif – down to earth Italian food in Stranraer
- The Port Pantry – a cosy cafe in Portpatrick, which serves excellent lunches and baking. It also does BYOB evening meals at the weekend.
- Kirkland Farm Shop and Tearoom at Leswalt – serves honest farm food
- Wildings – well worth the hour’s drive up the coast to Maidens up the Ayrshire coast
- The Bay House Restaurant – recently refurbished – offers quality food with great views up Loch Ryan and over Corsewall Estate
View Restaurants & Places to Eat in a larger map