[su_menu name=”activities” class=”actmenu”]
All of our self catering cottages come with fully equipped kitchens, but we know that everyone deserves at least one night off, especially on their holidays. We have added a selection of local restaurants and cafes to the list and map below. Please feel free to ask us about any of the local establishments, listed or not.
- The Blue Peter Pub in Kirkcolm is very handy for the cottages. Under new ownership, the pub serves good pub grub and also does great take away fish and chips – a ‘must eat’ while on holiday by the coast!
- Connor’s in Portpatrick serves superb seafood and comes highly recommended
- Tigh na Mara in Sandhead has an extensive menu and is reasonably priced
- Michelin listed Knockinaam Lodge near Portpatrick is unrivalled in the area
- Glenapp Castle offers a first class fine dining experience and is also Michelin listed
- The Old Colfin Creamery – a fabulous cafe and bistro just outside Portpatrick, which is open for dinner on Friday and Saturdays
- The Lighthouse Bar and Cafe at the Sands of Luce Holiday Park is excellent. They serve dishes including sourdough pizzas, organic beef burgers and fish and chips.
- The Fig and Olive – a wonderful cafe in Stranraer, which serves excellent lunches and baking and brings a touch of Oz to south west Scotland
- Henry’s Bay House – recently refurbished – offers quality food with great views up Loch Ryan and over Corsewall Estate
- Lando’s is a good Italian restaurant in Stranraer
- Wildings – well worth the hour’s drive up the coast to Maidens up the Ayrshire coast